First Year Focus:
1. There are occasionally some interesting news articles.
2. Uhm… There are occasionally some interesting news articles.
1. Some of the best words you’ll ever hear in a classroom are, “…but you don’t need to know that.”
2. There are 26 (!) Fibonacci spirals in the brain.
Life of Christ:
1. How to start World War III.
2. Having a good eye was a Jewish idiom for being generous, and having an evil eye was a Jewish idiom for being stingy.
1. A profession that is guaranteed to earn you good money is the Mafia.
2. The 100 Years War actually lasted 115 years.
1. I’m not cut out to be a hunter; shooting with cold fingers is miserable.
2. How to use a bow, of course.
Introduction to Fine Arts:
1. What makes a student an honors student is knowing how to procrastinate properly.
2. Tragicomedy is a real word with a real meaning.
1. You can never find the same pencil or pen two days in a row.
2. I think I want to be a librarian.